Friday 24 January 2014

Mal Cobb (Marion Cotillard)


23th Jan 2012


So I spent about 3 hours on this and I'm very happy with the results. I love Mal's character in Inception (and I recently watched it on TV for the 4th time) and got inspired to paint her. She is so beautiful and she has such great features. And yes I love her accent.

After really long I understood how to use color on the face. How to use greens, blues, yellows, pinks and browns. I think I amped up a few steps since my painting of Kate Beckett. Not only this, but I think I got the likeliness pretty close as well, and I haven't got a character right for a long time!

Hope you guys like it!

 Digital painting

original reference


2 comments:

  1. loved it... watch her 'rust and bone'. she stole my heart .

    ReplyDelete

The Greedy Pencil

This blog is a collection of (some of) my work, the art I do for fun, my inspirations and the sweat that goes into making animated films. Enjoy!