Monday 4 November 2013

Sketchbook Scans - October!

4th November 2013
Hello!! After forever I have been able to come home and scan all my october sketches! It's been the most diffucult and challenging month I think I've had yet. I have been working at a nice studio called Regh Animation and Design in a small town called Nashik in Maharashtra. There's been so much happening that I get no time to make full fledged art, but I've been trying really hard to keep up the pace with my sketching and gesture drawing. So here're some pages from the October sketchbook. Bought a new awesome book when I attended Chitrakatha at NID, Ahmedabad!

As usual it's one of the best Indian Animation Festivals I've attended. It was a great collab and we got to hear many big names from India and the world talk about their work and their approach to art. My film was also shortlisted for screening there! I got some great genuine feedback from a lot of artists and animators, and I'm gonna strive to not repeat the mistakes in the coming films. I was honestly thrilled, but I wish Alok's beautiful film had gotten some love too! It's absolutely painstakingly beautiful and meaningful. Alright so here're the sketchy updates.


gestures done at Nashik Road station before leaving for Ahmedabad.




sketched in the NID Auditorium while listening to this awesome simplistic animator named 'Francois Chalet'. Some great work!


Poor Rhutu had lost his sketchbook somewhere. I guess that's where his mind was. I tried to convince him to go search for it, but he insisted he'd stay till the end of the talk. It was a conversation in sketches. The second drawing belongs to him.


Rhutu replies in sketches again. The second drawing is his. His sketchbook gives people complexes. o_O



More fun stuff. Clothes are interesting me a lot lately.


My weird cool version of Santa.


3 comments:

  1. hahah 'his skeetchbook gives people complexes' !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True story. :-S What's with the new name? Shashrva cai?

      Delete
    2. you can call me wateva you want I would recommend ' CAI'

      Delete

The Greedy Pencil

This blog is a collection of (some of) my work, the art I do for fun, my inspirations and the sweat that goes into making animated films. Enjoy!